Wednesday, August 12, 2009

ayame socks

ayameayame (1)ayame (2)ayame (3)

Socks are one of my favorite components of the wardrobe. They are not something that many people normally pay attention to , nor think that they should be anything more than neutral pieces of knit. But I always enjoy the delightful pop of colour that a fun pair of socks can add to an outfit, especially when walking or sitting down. And because socks usually play such a minor role in an outfit and is not always seen, it is where you can go absolutely crazy with colours and patterns. I almost never wear plain socks anymore, especially when I roll up my pants (which is always). So I was rather delighted when I saw this colourful line of socks by by Japanese brand, Ayame, on oki-ni. According to the (endearing) engrish website, Ayame is run by Aya Agaoka who "wanted to carve a niche in the leg fashion universe" creating socks with "precise attributes" that are refined, high quality and "maintain shapely legs", products that are "unique in the leg fashion landscape".

Ayame socks are available on oki-ni, and check out happy socks while you are at it.

ayame

No comments:

Post a Comment