Saturday, September 26, 2009

jumpsuit

kris van assche jumpsuit 1kris van assche jumpsuit 2
I am a fan of neither jumpsuits nor Kris van Assche, but this KvA ensemble that I came across in the Club21 autumn/winter09 mag might make me a convert. I don't know what it is with him, even with his (rare, some say never) good collections, there always seem to be something off, bad models or poor styling or something, just can't put a finger to it. The styling in the magazine editorial feels so much less contrived than the way it's style on the runway, with the jumpsuit in an earthy dark grey shade, fitted with a bit of slack, the folds of the fabric looking crisp, the cape worn unaffecttedly on the shoulders and the boots looking more flappy than poofy; the look seems almost credible for the streets, not looking as if you had just jumped out of bed in your long johns together with your blanket.

That said, you won't see me wearing any KvA just yet, or even a jumpsuit......mmmm..... perhaps I might give it a try if the one in the magazine shows up at 80% off at the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment